2nd Fitten CMF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future

3 posters

Go down

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future Empty Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future

Post  Admin Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:00 am

Ideas go here:

Admin
Admin

https://fittenmovie.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future Empty Change of Direction Idea

Post  taylor Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:44 am

I was talking to my brother who does movie type stuff quite a bit, and he had an idea of how we could possibly better do this. The idea is to have Stan get a cell phone video message from himself 5 minutes in the future warning him of something bad that's going to happen to him. Then, by trying to avoid the things from happening, they all happen to him in alternate, comical ways. The movie ends with him recording the initial video.

taylor

Back to top Go down

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future Empty Already done

Post  hasan Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:51 am

I think the movie "Next" (w/ Nicholas Cage) makes use of a similar concept, i.e. a man who can see 2 minutes into the future. I still like the idea though, cuz its perfect for a short film.

hasan

Back to top Go down

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future Empty Continuing on Stan...

Post  hasan Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 am

Scientific rationale for the plot: Stan was actually an astronaut and went into space a couple of times before he was injured/divorced/became insane during testing and was forced to take very early retirement. Now the time he spent in space in orbit, revolving around the earth at high speeds caused a time dilation which made him go 5 minutes into the future. Of course, that meant that there existed two Stans, one 5 min ahead of the other on the time axis. What allows these two Stans to contact each other is the cellphone Stan took with him to space, and thus the cellphone also developed a double like Stan. Through this cellphone, and this cellphone only, Stan can keep contact with himself five minutes in the past/future.

Similar movies: Next, Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel, The Lake House, The Time Machine, Deja Vu

hasan

Back to top Go down

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future Empty Stan: 300 Seconds Apart

Post  hasan Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:46 pm

So that's the title I'm thinking of: "STAN: 300 SECONDS APART"

Back Story: Stan is possibly the most unique person ever born - a man who, through his unique cellphone is able to contact himself 300 seconds (5 min) into the future as well as the past. From any one Stan's point of view, there are exactly 2 other Stans in existence - one 5 min in the past and one 5 min into the future. However those other Stans also have corresponding Stans in the future and past. Thus, there are a total of infinite Stans each spaced 300 seconds along the time coordinate.

Now, i thought thats a pretty good premise... c'mon I need plotlines.

hasan

Back to top Go down

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future Empty Re: Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future

Post  taylor Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:31 pm

So it really is just a remake of phortal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1E24tGx5xM

taylor

Back to top Go down

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future Empty Sure

Post  hasan Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 pm

lol, yeah i guess it would be something like that, obviously with a different scenario...

hasan

Back to top Go down

Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future Empty Re: Stan the Man form 5-10 minutes into the future

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down